Roasted Vegetable Soup
· 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
· 1 sweet pepper, deseeded and cubed
· 2 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
· 3 cloves garlic (left in the skin)
· 3 tbsp. coconut oil
· ¼ cup fresh herbs chopped finely (I mixed chadon beni, parsley, and fine thyme)
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp ground black pepper
· ½ tsp paprika
· ½ tsp ground cumin
· 1 onion, peeled and sliced
· 4 cups vegetable stock
1. Preheat the oven to 300F
2. Place the cubes of sweet potato, sweet peppers, carrots, onions and garlic cloves (skin on) on a large baking tray. Drizzle coconut oil and sprinkle on the fresh herbs, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Toss it all together using your hands, then place in the oven for 20 minutes, turning everything over after 10 minutes.
3. Remove each vegetable from oven as it becomes tender slightly and charred at the edges.
4. Set aside quarter of each of the vegetables and place the rest in a large saucepan. Squeeze the garlic out of their skins into the pan too. Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes. Turn off the heat and then blend.
5. Season to taste and top with the reserved roasted vegetables.
6. Optional – mix ¼ C parmesan into soup and top with extra. We also topped with coconut oil roasted pumpkin seeds for a crunch!