Try out our delicious Saheena recipe made with Organic Coconut Flour!
(makes 8 medium saheena)
-½ cup coconut flour
-1 cup split peas powder
-1 tsp turmeric powder
-2 tsp baking powder
-1.5 cups water
-1 tsp salt
-1 Tbsp chadon beni, chopped
-2 cups chopped dasheen bush leaf
1. Mix flour, split pea powder, salt, baking powder and turmeric.
2. Add water and stir until a paste forms (should be medium thickness, not watery but not a dough, add water or a little coconut flour if needed) let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chadon beni and dasheen bush leaf.
4. Heat pot with oil on medium-high heat.
5. Drop mixture into hot oil by the spoonful. Flatten with spoon in pot. Cook until both sides are brown and saheena is crispy