Trinidadian Sweet Bread
Sweet Bread Recipe
-3/4 cup coconut flour
-1 tsp ground ginger
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups mashed extremely ripe bananas (about 3 to 4 large) or applesauce
-3/4 cup grated coconut
-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
-¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup mixed peel, raisins and cherries
1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper; grease the paper with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients except fruits and grated coconut.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until blended; whisk in the bananas and vanilla (do not add the oil yet).
4. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, stirring until blended and smooth. Whisk in the coconut oil until blended and stir in grated coconut and fruits.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.